Refund Policy - Canada
The Registration Fee is non-refundable at all times except in the case where the student visa has been rejected. Should a student visa be rejected from a Canadian Embassy, the rejection letter should be submitted in order to have the registration fee refunded. All deposits will also be refunded upon submission of the official rejection notification from the Canadian Embassy.
To apply for a tuition refund, the student or agent must submit a written notice of withdrawal.
There are no refunds for classes missed due to holiday, graduation, orientation, and / or other situations beyond the school’s control.
In this policy, the word “program” refers to the full cycle of studies to which the student registered. All refunds apply based on the assumption that the full payment has been received.
1. Effective before the start date
1.a If a student cancels 30 days or more before the start of the program, the school will retain 25% of the fees due under the contract and refund 75% of the fees to the student.1.b If a student cancels less than 30 days before the start of the program, the school will retain 40% of the fees due under the contract and refund 60% of the fees to thestudent.
2. Effective after the start date
2.a If a student cancels (or is dismissed) within 5 calendar days of the start date of the program, the school will return 50% of all unused tuition fees paid under thecontract.2.b No refund will be paid if a student cancels (or is dismissed) when more than 5 days of the program have been completed.2.c Refunds on postponed starting dates are based on the original start dates (applies also to students transferring from one GV school to another).
Program Cancellation or Reduction Policy
3. A program cancellation or program reduction fee of $110 will be applied when students cancel or reduce the number of weeks they wish to study (and do not produce written evidence of a visa denial) after they receive their original letter of acceptance.
Homestay Refund Policy
4. If written cancellation notice is given 12 weeks or more before beginning of homestay, all money will be refunded including Homestay Placement Fee.
5. If written cancellation notice is given less than 12 weeks before beginning of homestay, all money will be refunded except for the Homestay Placement Fee.
6. For refund requests after commencement of Homestay:
6.a The student should inform the GV Homestay Office in writing three weeks before the end of the homestay period if he/she decides to terminate the agreed homestay period. If the notification period is less than 3 weeks, then in addition to the non-refundable notification period, a $150 cancellation fee will apply.6.b If the host family has failed to meet the Homestay conditions, the student will be moved to another Homestay, and there will be no refund given for theperiod of homestay already used.