Get To Know Our Staff
- Position: Registration & Promotions Coordinator
- Length of service with GV: Since November 2011 (+ 4 month MBA internship, Dec 2010 - April 2011)
- Place of Birth: Shan Xi, China
- Degrees and/or Languages studied: Master of Business Administration/English, Cantonese,
- Places Visited or Lived: China, Canada, USA
- Interests: Shopping; Watch Movie; Play Tennis
- GV Goal: I would like to serve GV Victoria's students better with my study abroad experience.
- Position: Head Registrar
- Length of service with GV: Since July 2011
- Position: Registrar
- Length of Service with GV: Since July 2011
- Place of Birth: Jeonju, South Korea
- Languages studied: Korean and English
- Places Visited: USA, Hong Kong, Japan, China, Thailand, Philippines
- Interests: Traveling, walking, cooking, hanging out with good friends and family.
- GV Goal: Provide good quality services to students and agencies, to ensure that they are happy and satisfied with GV.
- Position: Academic Coordinator / IELTS Support
- Length of service with GV: GV Calgary: 2002-2008 GV Victoria: Since Feb. 2011
- Place of Birth: Rossland, B.C. - in the beautiful West Kootenays
- Degrees and/or Languages studied: Majored in Pacific and Asian Studies and minored in English
- Places Visited or Lived: Lived in Japan, Vancouver and Calgary; travelled to Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Australia, the U.K., Turkey, Spain, and various cities in the US
- Interests: yoga, reading, watching movies, doing crossword puzzles
- GV Goal: To work with GV staff and teachers to ensure our students get great service both in and out of the classroom.
- Position: Chief Operations Officer
- Place of Birth: Quesnel, BC
- Languages studied: English and Japanese
- Places Visited: Mexico, USA, UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Germany, Czech Rep, Latvia, Poland, Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Thailand.
- Interests: Reading, hiking, camping and playing with my beautiful little boy.
- GV Goal: To work with the whole GV team to maintain quality programs and unique learning opportunities for students, such as work experience, internships and group tours.
- Position: IELTS Administrator
- Place of Birth: Edmonton, Alberta
- Languages Spoken: English, Russian
- Languages Studied: Russian
- Places Visited: Switzerland, Russia
- Interests: Scott enjoys outdoor activities like snowboarding, sailing, and hiking. When he's not enjoying the beautiful weather in Victoria, he can be found in the classroom quizzing his students on English grammar.
- Position: Receptionist & Administrative Assistant
- Length of service with GV: January 2012
- Place of Birth: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Degrees and/or Languages studied: BA Anthropology (minor History) from UVic. Studied French in High School but did not do very well. Can order coffee and say hello in French and Spanish.
- Places Visited or Lived: I have lived in Canada and the UK and have traveled in Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, France, Italy, China, Ecuador (and the Galapagos Islands!).
- Interests: Travel, reading, playing Tag all over Victoria, and riding my yellow bike.
- GV Goal: To create a positive, friendly and harmonious learning environment by connecting people through effectively managing the flow of communication between students, teachers, staff, host-families, agents and other business partners.