GV Victoria Staff Profiles
- Position: Registration & Promotions Coordinator
of service with GV: Since November 2011 (+ 4 month MBA internship, Dec 2010 - April 2011)
- Place of Birth: Shan Xi, China
- Degrees and/or Languages studied: Master of Business
- Places Visited or Lived: China, Canada, USA
- Interests: Shopping; Watch Movie; Play Tennis
- GV Goal: I would like to serve GV
Victoria's students better with my study abroad experience.
- Position: Head Registrar
of service with GV: Since July 2011
- Position: Registrar
of Service with GV: Since July 2011
- Place of Birth: Jeonju, South Korea
studied: Korean and English
- Places Visited: USA, Hong Kong, Japan, China, Thailand,
- Interests: Traveling, walking, cooking, hanging out with good friends and
- GV Goal: Provide good quality services to students and agencies, to ensure that they
are happy and satisfied with GV.
- Position: Academic Coordinator / IELTS
- Length of service with GV: GV Calgary: 2002-2008 GV Victoria: Since
- Place of Birth: Rossland, B.C. - in the beautiful West Kootenays
- Degrees and/or Languages studied: Majored in Pacific and Asian Studies and minored in
- Places Visited or Lived: Lived in Japan, Vancouver and Calgary; travelled to
Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Australia, the U.K., Turkey, Spain, and various
cities in the US
- Interests: yoga, reading, watching movies, doing crossword
- GV Goal: To work with GV staff and teachers to ensure our students get great
service both in and out of the classroom.
- Position: Chief Operations Officer
- Place of Birth: Quesnel, BC
- Languages studied: English and Japanese
Visited: Mexico, USA, UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Germany, Czech Rep, Latvia, Poland, Japan,
South Korea, the Philippines, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Thailand.
- Interests: Reading,
hiking, camping and playing with my beautiful little boy.
- GV Goal: To work with the whole GV
team to maintain quality programs and unique learning opportunities for students, such as work
experience, internships and group tours.
- Position: IELTS Administrator
- Place of Birth: Edmonton, Alberta
- Languages Spoken: English, Russian
- Places Visited: Switzerland, Russia
- Interests: Scott enjoys outdoor
activities like snowboarding, sailing, and hiking. When he's not enjoying the beautiful weather in
Victoria, he can be found in the classroom quizzing his students on English grammar.
- Position: Receptionist & Administrative
- Length of service with GV: January 2012
- Place of Birth:
- Degrees and/or Languages studied: BA Anthropology (minor History) from
UVic. Studied French in High School but did not do very well. Can order coffee and say hello in French
- Places Visited or Lived: I have lived in Canada and the UK and have traveled in
Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, France, Italy, China,
Ecuador (and the Galapagos Islands!).
- Interests: Travel, reading, playing Tag all over
Victoria, and riding my yellow bike.
- GV Goal: To create a positive, friendly and harmonious
learning environment by connecting people through effectively managing the flow of communication
between students, teachers, staff, host-families, agents and other business partners.