Visa and Immigration Services (Canada)

Know Before You Go

Designated Learning Institution numbers:

  • GV Victoria, DLI # O19319050762

Global Village English Centres - In response to renewed focus on requirements in the Canadian Immigration Act under Bill C-35 we wish to advise our partners and prospective clients that Global Village offers visa and immigration consulting services.

For GV Victoria, the authorized advisor is Mr. Craig Heath, who is a Regulated International Student Advisor (RISIA). His designation number is C702395. A RISIA Advisor may provide immigration advice only in the area of study permit, temporary residence visas, and how study permits relate to other currently available Canadian immigration programs.

An authorized consultant or advisor regularly updates the FAQ topics listed below which contain extensive information and tips concerning visas and immigration.

Select an info link from the FAQ section listed below;

Still have questions or need help with your visa application?

Please contact our Global Village visa and immigration consultant to make an appointment for assistance in person or by phone, email or skype.


The consultation fee is CND $70.00 + applicable tax per 30 minutes (minimum charge).

A rebate of up to CND $125 will be applied if the client enrolls in Global Village courses.

Other Conditions:

Consultation fees on original appointments are refundable with minimum 7-day cancellation notice.

Appointments can be re-scheduled once with 24 hour notice.

GV Hawaii Visa Information 

B-2 Tourist Visa 

Students visiting the US may study part-time (less than 18 hours per week) on a B-2 tourist visa. Students may apply at the US Embassy or Consulate and medical examinations may be required in some countries to obtain a B-2 visa. 

Visa Waiver 

Students from certain countries may study part-time (less than 18 hours per week) on the visa waiver program. Students are required to obtain an electronic travel authorization through ESTA prior to traveling to the U.S. Students should apply through ESTA at least 72 hours prior to travel. Students receive a visa waiver stamp from the US Immigration Service at the US Port of Entry for a length of stay of not more than 90 days. Visa waivers cannot be extended. Part-time students on a visa waiver must end their English study and leave the US when the visa waiver period finishes. 

F-1 Student Visa 

Students who intend to study full-time (18 or more hours/week) must obtain an F-1 student visa. To issue an I-20 form, US Immigration requires that the student provide a copy of a bank statement, birth date, home address and country of birth & citizenship to the school. Students are encouraged to provide information that demonstrates strong ties to their home countries (financial, professional, community). 

Students and parents are recommended to write letters to the US Embassy or Consulate that clearly explain the purpose for English study and how English study fits into the student’s larger life plans and career goals. Letters of support from prospective or actual employers or university or college administrators that can verify future employment are considered very helpful to obtain F-1 student visas. Please contact us for more information. 

Students should choose a starting date that allows enough time to safely apply for the F-1 student visa. When a student’s F-1 visa expires, he/she may legally continue to study provided that he/she is still enrolled in a full-time course at GV Hawaii, has a current I-20 form, and has maintained their full-time status. 

Medical examinations may be required by the US Embassy or Consulate in some countries. For further information please check out the US Travel Visa and Embassy website. For further information please contact the US Travel Visa and Embassy website at:

OR visit the Study in the States website at: