Should a student visa be rejected by a Canadian Embassy, the rejection letter should be submitted to the school. On receipt of the official rejection letter, the institution will retain the $150 non-refundable registration fee, and will refund all tuition and refundable accommodation fees.
A student may be entitled to a refund of tuition fees in the event that:
1.a The student provides written notice to the school that he or she is withdrawing from the program; or
1.b The student provides a copy of the visa rejection letter from Canadian Embassy
1.c The school provides written notice to the student advising that the student has been dismissed from the program.
1. The written notice of withdrawal or dismissal may be delivered in any manner provided that a receipt or other verification is available that indicates the date on which the notice is delivered.
2. The notice of withdrawal or dismissal is deemed to be effective from the date it is delivered.
3. The refund to which a student is entitled is calculated on the total tuition fees due under the contract. Where total tuition fees have not yet been collected, the school is not responsible for refunding more than has been collected to date and a student may be required to make up for monies due under the contract.
4. If the school has received fees in excess of the amount it is entitled to under the student contract, the excess amount must be refunded.
5. Refund policy for students before the program of study starts:
5.a If written notice of withdrawal is received by the school within 7 days after the contract is made, and before the commencement of the period of instruction specified in the contract, the school may retain 5% of the total tuition and fees due under the contract to a maximum of $250.
5.b If written notice of withdrawal is received by the school 30 days or more before the commencement of the period of instruction specified in the contract and more than 7 days after the contract was made, the school may retain 10% of total tuition only due under the contract to a maximum of $1000.
5.c Subject to Section 6(a)(1) above, if written notice of withdrawal is received by the school less than 30 days before the commencement of the period of instruction specified in the contract, and more than 7 days after the contract was made, the school may retain 20% of the total tuition only, due under the contract to a maximum of $1300.
6. Refund policy for students after the program of study starts:
6.a If written notice of withdrawal is received by the school or a student is dismissed before 10% of the period of instruction specified in the contract has elapsed, the school may retain 30% of the tuition due under the contract.
6.b If written notice of withdrawal is received by the school, or a student is dismissed after 10% and before 30% of the period of instruction specified in the contract has elapsed, the school may retain 50% of the tuition due under the contract.
6.c If a student withdraws or is dismissed after 30% of the period of instruction specified in the contract has elapsed, no refund is required.
7. Where a student did not meet the school’s specific minimum requirements for admission through no misrepresentation or fault of their own, the school must refund all tuition and fees paid under the contract, less the applicable non-refundable student application or registration fee.
8. Refunds owed to students must be paid within 30 days of the school receiving written notification of withdrawal and all required supporting documentation, or within 30 days of a school’s written notice of dismissal.
* In Accordance to the Guidelines of the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education.
HOMESTAY REFUND POLICY – GV VICTORIA
1. If written cancellation notice is given 12 weeks or more before beginning of homestay, all money will be refunded including Homestay Placement Fee.
2. If written cancellation notice is given less than 12 weeks before beginning of homestay, all money will be refunded except for the Homestay Placement Fee.
3. For after commencement of Homestay:
3.a The student should inform the GV Homestay Office in writing three weeks before the end of the homestay period if he/she decides to terminate the agreed homestay period. If the notification period is less than 3 weeks, then in addition to the non-refundable notification period, a $150 cancellation fee will apply.
3.b If the host family has failed to meet the Homestay conditions, the student will be moved to another Homestay, and there will be no refund given for the period of homestay already used.
All policies subject to change. Please check gvenglish.com for updates.
GENERAL CONDITIONS – GV VICTORIA
Prices: All registrations for studies in 2021 received prior to December 31, 2020, will be charged the 2020 rate for tuition. This policy does not apply to alternative accommodations. Registrations received from January 1, 2021, on will be charged the 2021 rate for tuition for studies in 2021.
Application Process: A letter of acceptance will be issued upon receipt of the completed registration form and a payment. Please check with the school on payment policy. The original copy may be mailed, faxed, or emailed upon request. The school is not responsible for any extra courier charges.
Minors: Students under the age of 19 must have their application co-signed by a parent or legal guardian. Underage students must submit underage agreements signed by their parents/legal guardians. Student contracts must be signed by parents or legal guardians (Canada only). Custodianship may also need to be arranged.
Payment: Students may be required to pre-pay tuition fees when applying for student visas. Check with the school and local consulate or embassy on payment methods and any other requirements. Payment may be made by credit card, wire transfer, money order, or bank draft. Additional bank charges may also apply.
Refunds: Check fee sheets and our website for individual school policies. To be considered for a refund a student can submit a written notice of withdrawal to the school. The date of receipt of the written notice determines which cancellation charges will be applied.
Changes and Availability: Start dates, programs and course content may change at any time and without prior notice. The fees, dates and conditions listed in this brochure are subject to change at any time and without prior notice. Please check the website for up-to-date information. All courses are available based on enrollment.
Responsibility: Global Village and its member schools accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage to the personal belongings or property of a student or program participant or for any injury to or death of a student or program participant occurring on or off school property.
Students must comply with the rules of the school. Failure to do so may result in dismissal without refund (Canada only).
Directors must receive a written description of all complaints. Please check with the school regarding a complaint resolution procedure.
Medical insurance: Canada Student or legal guardian is responsible for ensuring sufficient medical insurance coverage is in effect before arrival. $500,000 minimum coverage is strongly recommended.
Materials and advertising by third parties on offerings by GV must be approved in writing by GV.
Global Village Victoria, Designated Learning Institution (DLI) #O19319050762 Global Village Calgary, Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
This website and the Global Village Victoria and Global Village Calgary webpages have been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate.
If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.
Global Village English Centre Victoria Ltd. © | Copyright 2022