Before you travel to Canada, you will need to check if you are eligible to travel and if necessary, submit an application for a visa and/or study permit. You will also need to gather documents that support your trip.

GV Immigration and Visa Support

We can help. For GV Victoria, the authorized advisor is Mr. Craig Heath, who is a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA). His designation number is S702395. A RISIA may provide immigration advice only in the area of study permits, temporary residence visas, and how these relate to other currently available Canadian immigration programs.

To check if you need a visa or what kind of visa, you can use the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) “Come to Canada Tool” tool below.

If you plan to come to Canada to study for more than six months, you will need a study permit. If you are coming to Canada to study for less than six months but might want to stay longer, you may still apply for a study permit. Please see IRCC’s website.


Global Village Victoria, Designated Learning Institution (DLI) # O19319050762

Still have questions or need help with your visa application?

Please contact our Global Village visa and immigration consultant to make an appointment for assistance in person or by phone, email or skype.


The consultation fee is CND $70.00 + applicable tax per 30 minutes (minimum charge).
A rebate of up to CND $125 will be applied if the client enrolls in Global Village courses.

Other Conditions:
Consultation fees on original appointments are refundable with minimum 7-day cancellation notice.
Appointments can be re-scheduled once with 24-hour notice.